A big thanks to Emma McCoy for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! The rules for this award are:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. OK done that!
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
That would be the very first person to follow my blog, many thanks to Emma McCoy http://emmamccoy.wordpress.com/
3. State 7 things about yourself.
Herewith my list of 7..
1. After a lifetime of hard work I am now retired and I will never work for anyone else ever again. Some would say I am lucky to be in this position but without my hard work and endeavours I would still be a wage slave
2. I studied English Literature at school and duly got both my O Level and then A Level quals. I studied the works of many famous writers – Shakespeare and Chaucer were good, not so sure about Milton. Of the novels we had to study my favourite was “Gullivers Travels”. It was my first experience of satirical writing and I recently read it all over again on my Kindle.
3. I made my living as a teacher and a trainer and worked in primary schools, a Teachers Centre, an FE College and finally a University. I used to teach children “Creative Writing”. How I wished I had kept copies of some of the amazing stories that children wrote in my classes. Children are amazing writers.
4. My favourite places are nearly always near or right next to water. Rivers, streams, lakes,waterfalls seas, oceans, even canals. Water brings me a calmness I just cannot explain yet I l believe it may have something to do with negative ions. The ancient Celts belived water was a gateway to another world – I can certainly see why and water has always fascinated me.
5. I was raised in Nottingham and was part of large extended family. I grew up with my sisters, cousins, aunts,uncles and grandparents. Sometimes when the family was gathered there would be story-telling sessions where different members of the family would tell or re-tell a story or two. My late father was the story teller of his generation and was never short of a story or two. He knew the story I am about to tell. I think he would be amazed to hear what I have discovered in the course of my extensive research.
6. My earliest favourite books were all science fiction. At the age of roughly 10 or 11 I was reading the Biggles books by Capt W E Johns. He also wrote a series of 10 Sci Fi Books inc Return to Mars and Now to the Stars. Having found and read one in my local library I wanted to read more. I was also inspired by John Wyndhams books esp “The Day of the Triffids” so I had to read more by this author. Sci-Fi is now my favourite film genre – you can probably work out why!
7. I have been wanting to write a book / novel for some time.Originally I planned to write a Children’s book and even started the first chapter but I really could not make much progress. In truth I wasnt enthused enough, I needed something special to spark my imagination and interest …………… and then that something found me! Quite by accident I stumbled on an amazing story so now I will become a crime writer!
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
My list of bloggers, all of whom I am following …..
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements
Ok off to do that now and also publish this blog…….